Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Caddyshack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Join!
Tournament ends in
TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARD IN PGLS
Teamspeak 3

meadia heights

2 posters

Go down

meadia heights Empty meadia heights

Post by hiltonwelford Sun 9 Jun 2019 - 3:56

cannot play this course.three times in a row would not load beyond 48% then crashed the game every time.
ok following day tryed again go it to load second time.played havoc with computer/game before it settled down.has anyone else had any trouble with this course?

hiltonwelford

Back to top Go down

meadia heights Empty Re: meadia heights

Post by hiltonwelford Mon 10 Jun 2019 - 6:18

no ,went to play second round,same proplem.will not load passed 48% then crashed the game.will be deleting course,to much trouble.

hiltonwelford

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Mon 10 Jun 2019 - 18:43

Hello Hilton,

Jeez . . . that rather sucks.

Meadia Heights is a BIG file and takes a bunch of time to load on my system (but it loads).

How much RAM do you have in your system?  I have 16 gb. 

I'm kinda scratching my head here . . . the course does work, though it loads slow.  Never crashed JNPG (knock wood).

I have played this course several times with multiple people.  Always worked, though a slow load.

Try to play Solo round and see if it loads.  Did that work?

Once again, the PGLS servers have been a bit wonky lately. 

If I were a betting man: I think the servers might have something to do with this.  It has always loaded and played for *me*. 

Amusingly enough, Christie and I shot a round there before the course was selected for Tournament use this week.  We had no problems with the game loading and playing, though we both thought the course was not ready for Tournament play.

I wonder if being played in a Tournament had anything to do with it.

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2019 - 0:03

I've NEVER managed to load this course. Course checker always shows it needs loading , but I can't get it to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Sun 28 Jul 2019 - 7:47

QWIZZLEMAN wrote:I've NEVER managed to load this course. Course checker always shows it needs loading , but I can't get it to.

Hello qwizzleman,

It is a 652 mb course file.

*IF* you don't have the Mega client app on your computer, the file will crash Mega's buffer and puke.

You can get the client app from Mega and it doesn't cost anything. 

I had the same problems before I got the client app.  Don't have that problem anymore.  Big files, ehhhhh sometimes above say 275 mb or a little larger would buffer out.  No love there at all.

Download and install the app on your computer, reboot and import the file to Mega and then download it to your computer.

The 'Mega Download' folder can be found in your 'Documents' folder for some reason.  But, that is where it can be found, odd as it may seem.

The download and install of the client app is very easy.  Give it a go!  I think that will remedy your issue.

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2019 - 18:01

Have done all you said and now have the course.
Lag was a serious problem playing solo which surprised me. Nice course but is it worth the long load?... not sure.
Thanks for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Sun 28 Jul 2019 - 18:10

Outstanding!

I kinda thought that would cure your download issue.

Eric and I played that course yesterday and it was lagging badly for us as well. 

The ball would start/stop in flight 4 or 5 times in flight per hit. It is rather odd to see your avatar stop/start during the swing as well.

Glad your issue with downloading is taken care of. 

Grip it and rip it!

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum