Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Caddyshack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Join!
Tournament ends in
TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARD IN PGLS
Teamspeak 3

Mumble Voice chat

3 posters

Go down

Mumble Voice chat Empty Mumble Voice chat

Post by Christie Tue 28 Aug 2018 - 22:20

Hello guys,
I hate to write this as we all had enough of unneccessary rules and regulations but this has become important..
We are using Mumble for our voicehat in the game and initially it was well supported.
Lately a lot of members do not come onto voicechat and after doing a bit of research, I came to the conclusion that this were some of the reasons why with possible solutions underneath each entry.:
1: To much chatting during gameplay.
Members should not talk when another player is lining up his shot. Speak when it is your turn and try to wait a second before answering someone.
2: Interruptions by non playing members just to "chat" when in game.
Please do not enter a "Game in progress" room unless you are playing with the player inside the room.
3: Difficulty in setting up the voicechat program.
I will shortly make a video on this subject.
4: Players not in the right "room"
Please move to the room of your choice. If you don't mind interruptions, whilst playing, move to one of the "Golf rooms", otherwise the "game in progress" rooms which will be more private if you are playing.
5: Using voice activation or continues sound to speak.
This is very disruptive and all members should change to "push to talk" to avoid other members listening to the background noises in their homes e.g. eating,talking,laughing,farting and tv or radio noise. Voice activation causes a lot of echoing and feedback making it impossible to hear voices. All this can be avoided by changing to "Push to talk" Let me know if you need any help.
If there are any other problems or things that worries you, please let us know.
Christie
Christie
Admin

https://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mumble Voice chat Empty Re: Mumble Voice chat

Post by Lobking Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 1:55

Agreed! Decorum and protocl are important and necessary for the smooth progression of the game. Excessive chatter during the time another playerr is lining up a shot is just not done on a real course and shouldn't be done here. Foul language should also be cautioned against. Golfers should be gentlemen and practice constraint. Lobking

Lobking

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 3:12

Well said Lob.

Kevin
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 10:27

Croc please hire me..I will stand by each hole with a sign that says STFU before every player takes their shot.. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down